- Published on Sunday, 05 June 2011 12:59
You miss the synchronization of tasks / todos from your Microsoft® Exchange 2007 / 2010 account with your phone? Then TaskSync is the answer.
TaskSync does NOT work with Exchange 2003, Outlook without Exchange or Hotmail. TaskSync does not work with ActiveSync but NEEDS Exchange Webservice, so please check the prerequisites before giving a bad rating.
If you encounter problems please contact us by mail instead of simply leaving a comment.
- Synchronize, edit, create, complete and search your tasks (Only from the default tasks folder)
- Synchronize flagged emails (currently only from your inbox and sub-folders, you can only view and complete them)
- View tasks in Richtext/HTML (Note: in Richtext mode you have to edit the HTML-source)
- Reminders/notifications (ringtone and vibration configurable) incl. snoozing
- Integrates with Pure Calendar Widget and Agenda Widget Plus
- Mark tasks as private
- SSL-encrypted communication (Supporting self-signed certs and untrusted Certificate Authorities)
- Android 2.1 or newer
- Microsoft® Exchange Server 2007 or 2010
- Exchange Webservice published in the default virtual directory (/EWS)
- Windows Authentication (NTLM) or basic authentication
- SSL-secured connection
Categories are not fully supported by Exchange 2007. To workaround this issue TaskSync collects categories which are assigned to your tasks when it syncs your tasks. Therefore the category list on your phone does not necessarily reflect the master-category-list you see in Outlook. If categories are missing on your phone because no task is assigned to them you can create them on your phone manually (Be sure to type them exactly as they are named in Outlook). Because of these limitations you can only delete categories on your phone which are not assigned to any task.
Add missing categories on the phone:
If any categories from your master-category-list are missing on the phone, go to the Category-list and add them via menu -> add category. Be sure to type them as they are named in Outlook.
Add new categories on the phone:
If you add new categories on the phone which don't exist in your master-category-list they are presented without color in Outlook and you cannot assign tasks to them. To fix this, simply add a new category with the same name to the master-category-list in Outlook and assign a color.
As TaskSync uses the Android account and synchronization system it cannot be moved to the SD-card of your phone.
- Account-, Sync- and System-permissions are used to plug TaskSync into the Android "accounts and sync"-system.
- Internet-access and deactivate standby are necessary for the synchronization mechanism
- Boot: Necessary to re-set your reminders after a re-boot because android clears alarms when you restart your device.